Go for the Gold Program
Employee health and well-being is very important to TBE. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive wellness program called Go for the Gold. This is an innovative program that gives incentives for being healthy. Those employees who achieve certain targets in the program receive a monetary reward of up to $250.00 each year.
Teledyne Brown Engineering has the honor of being named one of the healthiest workplaces in America. The Wellness Councils of America (WELCOA) awarded Teledyne the Gold Level Well Workplace Award for successfully building a comprehensive worksite wellness program. In addition, TBE has received several other awards for its outstanding wellness initiatives:
- CEO Cancer Gold StandardTM Award/Accreditation
- State of Alabama Winner of the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the Alabama Psychological Association
- National Winner of the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the American Psychological Association
- Company of Excellence Award from the American Cancer Society
- Fit Friendly Award from the American Heart Association
- Best Places to Work winner from the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
On-Site Fitness Center with State-of-the-Art Equipment
Our free-of-charge facility includes top-of-the-line cardiovascular and resistance-training equipment, locker rooms with showers, a room for group exercise and stretching, and a wellness resource library.
Exercise Classes with Certified Instructors
Weekly Yoga, Total Body Workout and Aerobics classes are taught by certified instructors free of charge.
Each employee receives 10 sick days per year.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
ComPsych, the Guidance Resource Company, is the EAP provider for personal and family counseling.
Regular blood pressure screenings and annual comprehensive screenings are offered on-site to employees at no cost.
Smoking Cessation Programs
We offer on-site smoking cessation programs. Employees can receive reimbursement for nicotine replacement aids as part of our program. TBE maintains a Tobacco-Free campus
On-Site Registered Nurse
TBE has a registered nurse on the main Huntsville campus who provides a number of valuable health and wellness services, including:
- Health counseling, coaching, and consultation
- Answering questions related to the wellness program, fitness center, group exercise classes, health insurance, COBRA, disability, and other employee benefits
- Treating on-the-job injuries
- Dispensing over-the-counter medications
- Blood pressure screenings and monitoring
- Blood sugar screenings and monitoring
- Flu Shots.
A variety of informative wellness classes are offered to employees on topics such as healthy nutrition, benefits of exercise, heart health, cancer prevention, stress management and more.