Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation
TBE has a long history of performing research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E). We perform research and development in technologies associated with hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) systems, HWIL T&E frameworks, modeling and simulation (at the engineering through high-performance force levels), software systems/applications (development through IV&V), user computer-system interfaces or graphical user interfaces (GUIs), and cyber. We have supported RDT&E for U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, Joint Services, MDA, and NASA systems.
Systems tested include:
- Missile and Missile Defense Systems
- Vehicle Systems
- Command and Control (C2) Systems
- Command, Control, Communications Computer, and Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) Systems
- Information Systems
- Training Systems
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
We are currently involved in:
- Cyber RDT&E supported by our internal Cyber Laboratory
- C5ISR RDT&E supported by our C5ISR Laboratory and efforts associated with the Objective Simulation Framework (OSF) and other programs
- Sensor systems RDT&E through our application of Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) and radar technologies to provide visual aid to pilots and other platform operators in degraded visual environments
- Precision-guided munitions RDT&E in our efforts associated with developing guided 50-caliber and other munitions.