The MUSES Platform is mounted on EXPRESS Logistics Carrier 4 (ELC-4) on the starboard-nadir side of the ISS truss. The MUSES pointing accuracy is better than 30 arc seconds, which corresponds to about 60 m on the ground at the nominal ISS altitude of 400 km.
The MUSES Master Time provided to hosted payloads has an accuracy of <±250 μsec to GPS time. Geo-location is sourced from the ISS GPS system and is accurate to ±50 m.
All Payload Accommodations include:
- Commanding through Gbit ethernet
- Payload health and status via Gbit ethernet
- Primary data transmitted via Gbit ethernet
- Radiative heat rejection only. Htr Pwr available
- Files may be transferred one-by-one or in batches
Large Payload Accommodations provide support equivalent to small satellite payloads in the 100 lb to 200 lb class.
- Maximum Mass: 100 kg
- Maximum Height: 35" (92cm)
- Maximum Width: ~18" (~46 cm) dia
- Maximum Power: 222 W @ 28 Vdc
Small Payload Accommodations provide support equivalent to small satellite payloads in the 50 lb to 100 lb class.
- Maximum Mass: 50 kg
- Maximum Height: 35" (92 cm)
- Maximum Width: ~10" (~25 cm) dia
- Maximum Power: 112 W @ 28 Vdc
If you have questions concerning MUSES or DESIS commercial, academic, or NGO site access, please contact our Geospatial Solutions Manager Heath Lester at email@example.com.